Thursday, November 8, 2012

Short Trip To CA.

I took a short trip to my parents house in CA. to see them and to meet my new little niece Aspen. My sister had her 5th baby back in July, and so I wanted to meet her. She is 3 months old now. So I took my 2 younger boys with me, Crew and Casen. I had to leave the older 2 kids because they had school and it gets so expensive to fly everybody. They were pretty bummed. I just went on a Thursday night thru Tuesday Night (Election Night) (Stressful!) I also just happened to be there when my younger brother was having his engagement party, so I got to go to that too. Mike and Angie are getting married August of 2013.

Thursday Night we got in pretty late and just went to bed. Friday, I woke up and lounged at my parents for a couple of hours. Then I headed up to Stephs house, which is about 35 minutes away. I spent most of the night up there, just hanging out and holding Aspen. We made dinner and talked some more and went in the hot tub. My boys also got to play with their cousins and indulge in their cousins Halloween Stash. Holy Cow...Faith Raked in 48 lbs. Can you believe that? Then I took the boys home to sleep.

Saturday, we woke up and decided to take the boys on a train ride. My mom and dad and me and the boys all went. We caught the Coaster in Carlsbad and rode it to Salona Beach. Casen loved that. We had lunch at Pizza Port and walked by the beach. We then had to  head back and catch the train again to get back for Mike's party! Wow! That train does not wait for you! It pulls up, you get on, and 1 minute later, it leaves. Crazy!

Saturday Night, I found a babysitter for my boys and went to Mike's Engagement Party in Carlsbad at this really nice hotel. It turned out really great! I got to see all of Mike's friends and all my relatives. It was a nice night. I love catching up with my cousins and uncles and aunts. So fun!

Sunday we went to church, which was a nightmare with Crew. He is terrible in confined places. So annoying! That night we had Steph's kids over for dinner, which turned out nice. We had burritos for dinner and brownies for dessert. Mike and Angie came over too, on their way home to LA and brought their dog Brynn. Crew loved Brynn, but Casen was a little scared. So cute!

Then Monday, I took my boys to a few shops and then headed to the beach. It was 85 degrees on Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday. After we stayed at the beach for an hour or so, we headed up to Stephs one more time, to see Aspen and to say good-bye. I hate good-byes. They suck. I just know that next time I see Aspen, she will be so big. SAD!

Tuesday, I just spent the day packing and doing laundry and chatting with my mom. It was relaxing. But I really hate flying with little kids. Casen was an angel, but Crew really freaked out. He freaked out on both flights, when we were taking off. He freaked out and he cried/screamed for like 15 minutes. It was torture. I am really afraid to fly with him again. He did have a little cold and so I am not sure if his ears were hurting or if he was SCARED! Wish he could talk. My boys also woke up way too early every day because of the hour difference and the time change. So I definitely did not get caught up on sleep. It was a nice trip and I miss my family already! Don't know if I can wait till August 2013 to visit again. Need to go sooner!

(I will post more pics when I get them from my mom.)












1 comment:

Dan and Marsha said...

is that just so sad to go home and see the beach and know you have to come home to cache valley?