Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Beach Day @ Bear Lake

Yesterday...I tried to plan a beach day at Bear Lake. I am either lousy at planning outings or summers are just busy for families...cause we invited like 7-8 families and it ended up only being me and Mandy, but we still had alot of fun and so did the kids and I am so glad we did it.

We went over about noon....to North Beach. Way cool beach. You drive your vehicle right up to the beach. So Nice. We tried to feed the kids lunch while they played in the sand and in the water. The temp. was actually perfect, but after about 2 hours....it started to get really windy and all of our stuff was blowing away.

My kids were making me laugh. I have not taken them to Bear Lake since Corey was like 1 years old. (So Cade was not even born.) So they were so confused.... WHY IS IT CALLED BEAR LAKE? IS IT LIKE A RIVER? CAN WE FALL IN? IS IS VERY BIG? WHAT IS A LAKE? So as we came over the hill and they saw the lake...all their questions were answered. OH IT IS LIKE THE OCEAN WITH NO WAVES AND IT IS NOT SALTY. AND THERE ARE NO SHARKS. They loved the water because you could walk out forever and it never gets too deep. They loved that. And it makes it easier for moms too.....not having to chase after your baby everytime he runs into the water. Even though the water is a bit chilly...it was hot enough the kids loved it. They played in the sand and played with the balls we brought and floated on the floaties. It was really a good time. Casen was hilarious though. He is such a GIRL. He hated gettting dirty...which is impossible to not get dirty with the sand. In the water...he kept getting mud on him and he would freak out. So then we would wash it off and he was better. It was funny. I remember Cade was like that when he was little.....when I took him to the beach in CA. he was the same way.

After we packed up to go home.....we stopped at La Beaus and got shakes and fries. Their rasberry shakes never disappoint, but my kids don't even get through a third of their shakes...I always forget how big they are. Then we stopped on the way home at the look out point and took pictures. Bear Lake is really pretty and such a fun vacation town. I think we need to plan a little camping weekend there soon. Daddy needs to come with us next time.

And these pics are disapointing of me...I am so WHITE and it is the middle of the summer. And I am starting to look prego. For those of you who do not know...I am almost 12 weeks prego and starting to look FLUFFY. And I hate tanning or being in the sun too long. It makes me sick! So there is a good reason that I am so WHITE. I need another spray tan.

When I get back from my parents house in CA...I want to plan another beach day here and get more families to come. SO FUN! Anyone want to come?
























































3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats Jen! And no you don't look squishy.

Alison Daugs said...

Looks like fun. We are back there this week for four days. I love Bear Lake. It is where I grew up and it is where I met Ammon. Great place.

And....you don't need to explain why you are whiter than you would like. You look great whiteness and all. I have the tan, but that isn't always the best ( I will probably die of cancer).

Let's do Cherry Hill after you get back, maybe mid August. We are doing Lagoon the first week and Ada has a dance camp 5-7th.

Thompson Family said...

I think we are doing Lagoon to that first weekend after I am back. Hopefuly we can make it work.