Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines/Presidents Weekend

So I am laughing as I write this because I think a blog is suppose to be more of a journal with a few pics, but I always load mine up with TONS of pics. I love pictures and I can never decided which ones to post. I can never decided on only a few. So sorry, you will have to deal with my overload of pics.
But this weekend was fun! I was still recovering from our vacation and wanting to go somewhere for the long holiday weekend, but knew we couldn't. So we stuck around and had a fun time.
I got to go to Cade's preschool Valentine program on Friday and that was fun. We got to see them sing a few songs... they gave us a cute little braclet they made.... they showed us around their school and their activity tables .... and we got to eat sugar cookies at 9:30 in the morning. That was the most difficult part. I had to gag that down. Cookies in the morning. UGH! Even Cade, the sugar monster did not finish his. But it was sweet and you could tell how proud he was that I was there. Those are the moments that make you feel special as a parent.
Then Saturday, Matt and I took the kids up to Hardware Ranch. Corey got to go a couple weeks ago with her class and so she wanted us to go and see it. Cade had never been and really wanted to go. So it was fun to see the kids and their reactions. Casen was really impressed with the Elk and the horses pulling our wagon. Hardware Ranch never gets old. Everytime I go, I am impressed. Also Saturday night, my sister Becca came up to visit and offered to babysit while Matt and I went to dinner with Matt's family. We had a nice dinner at the Coppermill, but me and Matt were still overfed from the cruise and could not eat our $25 worth. It has tasted better in the past, because we were more hungry for it. But it was nice to see Matt's sister and husand and their in-laws. It is always good to get out of the house and have conversation with adults. I love it. Then that night Matt and I watched a movie with Becs. She asked if she was "imposing on our Valentines day?" It was cute. No, she was not. We always love to have family visit.
Then Sunday was a special family day. Just hung out and watched more movies.
Then Monday, Becca and I got to take the kids to the FUN PARK and play for a bit. We even rollar skated with them. I got taken out by a 10 year old speed skater who ran into my legs and made me fall hard to my butt. My wrist is still hurting from that fall. I wanted to ring his little neck. That night Becca and I went to a Zumba workout class together and went and saw that movie Valentines Day together. It was fun and bonding. We had some good laughs.
Then she did have to go home in the morning and the kids got to say good bye. We always miss family when they have to leave. We all wish they lived closer so we could hang out more on a day-to-day basis. I love my hubby and my kids and my sister Becca and was so glad we all got to hang out this weekend.















































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































































1 comment:

Alison Daugs said...

Sounds like you had a fun filled weekend. I have thought about those Zumba classes, you'll have to let me know how they are and how to get started. Do you have to be a member of the Sports Academy?

Cute pics.