Monday, February 22, 2010

The Little Joys of Motherhood

This last weekend we spent with Matt's side of the family. Matt's sister Mandy had her baby blessing at home, for her youngest child on Friday night. And that was fun to get together for a nice dinner and to hang out and chat and let the kids play. Then Saturday was Mandy's other little girls birthday party at Chuckee Cheese. Now, don't get me wrong, I do not think any adult can really say they enjoy Chuckee Cheese, especially on a Saturday Night, but I do love to take my kids there when I get the chance because it makes them so happy. They love it there. But it was the busiest I have ever seen it. It was so hot in there, that I was sweating just walking around keeping an eye on the kids. And it is really hard to have a birthday party there when it is so crowded. But it turned out good and the kids always love it. But the reason I decided to write this blog, was because I first of all had an ephiphany that night. There is a reason, that mothers are the ones that give birth to their children and their is a reason that mothers are the more nurturing ones. It is called PATIENCE. After about 1 hour of being there, I was just laughing because all the guys were BITCHING. Excuse my language, but there is really no other word to explain it. They all just wanted to leave so bad. They all could not believe that anyone could enjoy a place like that. It was seriously funny. Not to mention, Matt had to get back for his BBALL game. Have you ever tried to round up 6 kids and get them to leave CHUCKEE CHEESE? Near impossible. I had a few of my nieces and nephews that I brought down too with me. It took us like an hour to get them to stop playing games, get their tickets counted, get their prizes and get out to the car. It was just pure confusion and Matt was a stress case. I had no where to be, so I was relaxed and fine, and I just know what comes with the territory when you take that many kids to Chuckee Cheese on a Saturday night. Anyway, it was funny! But the best part of the night, the reason I called this entry the "Little Joys of Motherhood" was because Casen was so funny that night. You could just tell he was so excited to be somewhere he had never been before and just wanted to get down and explore. And the cutest part of the night, was when he was dancing with the FAKE CHUCKEE CHEESE CHARACTER. He was not scared; he just kept trying to touch him and dance. He also loved dancing in front of all the TV"S for kids. It is so fun as parents to see your kids growing and developing their own little personalities. One day I can see how Casen is acting just like Corey... so cautious. And other days, like at Chuckee Cheese, I can see him acting just like Cade, always dancing. Both my boys......can't stand NOT to BUST A MOVE, when they hear a good beat.... just like their mom. I love it. I wish I had a video of it. Every time a song comes on, Casen has to headbang his head and move his body. It cracks me up. I love my kids and I am really enjoying my baby, Casen. I love being a mom.


No comments: