Monday, March 18, 2013

Random Happenings


Here are just a few random things we have done in February and March and I had a few iphone pics of them, so I thought I'd post a few. These first few pics were of FAMILY WEEK at school. On one of the days they had MOMS and MUFFINS in the morning. We got to go and read books and eat breakfast. Cute idea. Not loving the pics of me, but it was fun with the kids. They also had a jump roping family activity they went to that week and Matt took Cade to Dads and Donuts another night. We also went and watched the LORAX on Friday night with most of the family! 



Here was another post I put on Instagram the other day. My kids love to dance, especially Crew right now. At least once a day, usually in the morning, Crew asks for the "MOOSIC." So cute! And their favorite song, which is my least favorite song is GANGHAM STYLE. UUGGHH! But it is so cute to watch them get their groove on. And I like to join in too, when a good song comes on!



This was just a cute pic I took of Crew playing the Kindell. He just looked like he was concentrating so hard. I don't really even think he knows what he is doing. He just likes to push buttons! He looked so grown up!


Crew is such a good eater. Probably the best eater out of all my kids, at his age. He wants a bite of everything and wants to try everything. If he can smell something on your breath, he will smell your mouth to see what you are eating....almost a kiss, but he is smelling your breath. The other day I had brushed my teeth and he was smelling my breath because he thought I was eating gum and did not offer him a piece. SO funny, that kid! He loves to sit by Matt when he is eating dinner and ask for bites. It must taste way better off dad's plate than his own. Well this particular morning, I was eating oatmeal and drinking a chocolate protein shake. He insisted he have a taste of both things. He loved them both, which I was surprised! And he sat there and continued to beg like a dog for more tastes!


This Saturday in March, Corey and I decided to run a 5K to support some charity event at the high school. I am not a great runner, but I need to get better, so we decided to give it a try. I kept a steady pace the whole time. Finished in 29:11. I think Corey finished in 28:55. It was hard, but we did it! Eventually I will be able to run better if I just keep practicing! Corey wants to start training for the Greenville Mile which is in May. 



Later that day, Corey and I also got to go shopping and out to lunch! She got a good report at her Parent/Teacher Conference, so I offered to buy her an outfit or two. So we went and ate at our favorite place.....Apple Spice. Then we went shopping for a few hours and on the way home had to stop to get the car looked at. It was a fun day! Corey posted this post later that night on Instagram. Thought it was cute!


Saw this post on the Internet and could not let it go. Thought it was the cutest!



One morning in March we woke up to cougar tracks in our backyard. It was a little spooky, but I guess that's what we get for living by the mountain with a bunch of deer in our backyard!



This was a Saturday that we took the kids sledding in February and I forgot to put sunscreen on my kids. They rest of them were fine, but my poor little baby got his face burnt. I felt so bad. It was so red and it blistered on his nose. I had to put aloe vera and vaseline on it all week. I felt terrible!




This was a morning in March where it was actually starting to get warm and the sun was out. The boys were so excited to ride bikes and they looked so cute doing it. Crew is growing up too fast and looking more and more like Casen everyday. So funny! Almost look like twins sometimes. They are only about a 4-5 lb difference and 3 inch height difference. They look so cute when they play together! Love it!



I wanted to run another 5k with some of the people from my Crossfit, so I asked Cade if he wanted to come with me this time. Corey really wanted to go to, but she had soccer practice! Cade ran a 5k a few months ago and didn't love it, so I told him we would sneak his scooter in. It was on March 16th and it was called the SHAMROCK SHUFFLE! It was at Smithfield Rec. I loved the route they chose on this one...one big Square Loop on the farmland roads around the school. I got a time of 29:09. I beat my time by 2 seconds. LAME! But I did it ! I got some side aches this time. It sucked! Cade finished about 45 seconds ahead of me. I let him scooter ahead of me at the end. It was a pretty crowded race, but I made sure Cade did not run into anyone. I think he enjoyed using his scooter instead of running the whole thing! In fact, at the end, when they were doing awards, we were surprised when they called Cade's name as 5th place in his age group 7-10, for the 5K. I guess scooters count! The run was pretty relaxed. It was fun spending some time with Cade!






St. Pattys day was on a Sunday this year! No fun! The kids woke up to some green milk and cereal again this year, some green candy, and these COOL GREEN GLASSES!















No comments: