Thursday, October 8, 2009

St. George & Vegas- UEA Weekend

We decided to get away from Logan for UEA because the weekend was suppose to be freezing and our kids had a few days off. So we left Thursday night and headed down to St. George. Our friends the Bundersons met us down there late Thursday night.
We had alot of fun! We went swimming at this really fun community pool. The kids loved it. We also let them play in there fountains in downtown St. George. The weather was perfect... 75 Degrees one day and 80 degrees another. We also chose to go into Las Vegas on Saturday. Ryan, one of our friends had never been there and I don't think his kids had either. His wife had been once. We did spend a little too long at the AWESOME outlets there. I think we wore the kids out. And shopping with Matt is no fun. I didn't get to buy very much. But I guess it was good for me. We ended up going into Vegas for a few hours. We drove down the strip so the kids could see all the cool lights and hotels. Then we got out on the south end of Vegas and took them to the M&M factory and the Coke Factory and then we walked down and saw the Bellagio Fountain show. By this time it was probably 10:30 PM or so and the kids were pooped. That last 30 minutes was torture trying to make it back to the car with 7 tired kids and only 3 strollers. And it is really funny the attention you get when you take kids to Vegas; especially 7 kids and 3 strollers. It was fun and I am glad the kids got to go, but next time we need to do an adult trip. You can do so much more and walk alot farther and dress up cute with high heels.
Oh and did I forget to mention that we ate at In-n-Out 2 times and if we would have let Matt, we would have eaten there for every meal! He is obsessed.
The kids played really well together and we had alot of fun with our friends. And I could not believe how good baby Casen was. He was awake the whole time in Vegas in awe of the lights.






































































































3 comments:

Alison Daugs said...

That's so funny- we were at that smae pool the day before. We had it to ourselves. It was a fun place. Glad you got to do something for UEA. I eat up any day I get off of work.

The Olsen Family said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun! The kids are sure getting big! We need to try to get together sometime.

Dan and Marsha said...

Jen I might have to have you tell me what pool that was, it looked so fun for kids, that was a good idea cause uea weekend was freezing here!! I might have to beg dan to go to st. george and he can go biking while the kids and I stay at the pool!