Thursday, April 23, 2009

California Trip- Sea World, Em's Wedding, & Easter Morning



We drove to California with our 3 kids, one of them only 3 months and we made it. It was not too bad, except that Matt had to drive the whole way, so I could tend to the kids. The baby did great and the kids did OK, except for the annoying "Are we there yet?" 50 times. Or " How many more SpongeBOB shows till we get there?" We did a few fun things....went to the beach with Steph's fam (they live in CA now, close to my parents), went to Sea World, visited friends, ate out at IN-N-Out 5 times (Annoying) and of course EM's wedding. My kids loved Sea World and we did pretty good with 3 adults and 7 kids. They all behaved really well and the weather was awesome.
Em's wedding also turned out so pretty. IT was so neat to see them in the temple together. You could tell they were so ready for this and that they had prepared a long time for this. It was special and Em looked so pretty. Her dress was gorgeous. Steven also looked so handsome. And we got alot of compliments on the bridesmaid dresses that we were so worried about. I will get some more pics up later. Being a mom of 3 and especially a new baby, I only got a few limited pics. The weather turned out great for the wedding and it made me depressed to come back to cold Logan. We do finally have warm weather this week and it feels like spring is here to stay!
The bridesmaids all went and got pedicures. That was fun. And then me and my sisters all went out to eat, without kids (Well breastfeeding baby had to tag along, but slept the whole time). It was a special memory and of course we have no pics of it. We also got to know Stevens fam better and they are special. Em is lucky! I also got to see alot of people I have not seen in awhile at the reception. It really turned out so pretty and I think Em and my mom were pleased. Oh and I forgot to mention that we met Mike's girlfriend for the first time. She is so pretty and easy to talk to. I can picture her as one of the girls in the fam. We will just wait patiently and see!
I also go to see a few friends, 2 of who just had newborn babies. They thought Casen, 11 lbs. at the time, was huge compared to their 5 lb and 6 lb babies. It was good to see them too. They were troopers to let me come and visit when they were 2 weeks out of the hospital and 1 week out of the hospital. I love that we are all becoming moms together.
My kids were pretty wiped out every night. They all slept so awesome, even the baby!
We did have to leave and travel back on Easter. So we got up early and did a quick Easter egg hunt and breakfast and were on our way. It was an enjoyable trip and I know I will be sad this next week, like I always am after I leave my fam, because I miss them! And having Steph in CA is going to be really hard too. At least I have Em in Utah still and Becca (till she graduates)! I love vacations. Coming back is a real DRAG.... laundry and REAL LIFE!















































































































































































































1 comment:

becca said...

Being home was so fun and yes lunch that day with the sisters was really fun and necessary. I love that picture of the 4 kids at sea world. The one where they are at some pink table. They look so cute... all of them. Love you.